2016/2017 Pilot League now registering (closed)
Information and attendance on each league event will be managed on our Facebook page. If you are unable to accommodate this and would still like to participate, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At each scheduled event, we will only open enough tables as there are players to fill them; this is the unfortunate difficulty in organizing a four player game. Seats will be allocated on a first confirmed, first seated basis on the group event page unless it is agreed there is a need to prioritize a player who hasn’t recorded enough scores. With that in mind, please do not hesitate to confirm for an event. It is possible that someone may drop out the day before and it would be good to have backup.
If you have confirmed a seat and do not show up on time the day of, a penalty will be assessed.
October 23, 2016
November 13, 2016
December 4, 2016 (rescheduled from 12/11)
January 8, 2017
February 12, 2017
March 12, 2017
April 9, 2017 *cancelled*
May 21, 2017 *cancelled*
June 11, 2017 *cancelled*
- The 2016/2017 Pilot League will run from October 2016 through June 2017 (18 hanchan total.)
- League games will be played on the dates outlined above. Venue and times will be posted on the group event page.
- A fee of $2 per person, per event will assessed at the door to participate. This money goes towards a trophy for the top ranking player(s) at the end of the season.
- Rankings will be made according to each player’s accumulated points (final game score with uma) over the course of the season.
- Players are responsible for recording a minimum of 14 hanchan over the course of the season.
- At end of season, the worst 4 scores will be dropped from each player’s record and rankings adjusted accordingly. This allows for some flexibility in attendance and bad days at the table.
- All games will utilize WRC rules. Each player is responsible for familiarizing themselves with these rules.
- 2 hanchan, 90 min. each (this hand plus next, by dice roll.)
- Table assignments and seating will be random using the current convention.
- Uma: ±15/5 points
- Cross-talk at the table should be kept to a minimum.
- In keeping with good etiquette, all draws and discards will be made in a timely manner so as not to unnecessarily delay the game.
- No-shows for a confirmed seat will have a -15 point score recorded for both hanchan.
- Players who arrive past the posted start time will be penalized 1 point per minute.